TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Overcoming Ourselves! A Fated Encounter in the North!
Jiro Kurotsu
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: AES Character
Gold Armbars: 60
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 170

Rep: 3 pts

Awards: None

"Aaaand here is your Timbits, sir."

"HELL YEAH! THANK YOU, and PLEASE keep the change!"

Sometimes life will work in mysterious ways. Our lives is often short, and the world has around seven and a half billion people who live on it. The majority of the world will spend our entire lives and not interact with even one percent of the population. Who we do meet in our time on earth is just left up to fate. There are some people in this world who will miss someone they've been a hundred feet from their entire lives, then some days the stars will line up just right, and a series of coincidences can be interpreted as a 'miracle'.

As our hero, Jiro Kurotsu sat down with his order of Timbits, he began stuffing his face at a table with glazed goodness, occasionally stopping to wash it down with his iced coffee.

"One Boston Cream Doughnut and a water, please." a recognizable voice said at the register.

Jiro looked over to the counter to confirm his suspicions. Sure enough, standing at the counter was none other than The Amateur, a fact that he had realized a whole minute later than everyone else did. After all, it was hard not to recognize the person in the black mask who entered, but Jiro was never the most perceptive of people. Pounding on the table loudly until he got Ammy's attention, he motioned for The Amateur to sit over at his table. Grabbing his tray, Amateur limped his way to the table and stood near it.

"You're Jiro Kurotsu..." Amateur stated with a slight sigh, wondering how it is that in a city this big, he would just happen to run into Jiro - Or anyone in AES, for that matter - In this particular Tim Horton's.

"DAMN RIGHT I AM! And you're the Amateur. Oh man...You're so friggin' cool!"

The Amateur cocked an eyebrow - Though, with the mask, it was hard to tell. "Um, well, okay then. Not often someone calls me 'cool'." With a small shrug, Amateur placed his items on the table and sat across from Jiro.

"Hm? Really?" Jiro raised an brow, and crossed his arms, shocked by that fact. "Wait, I get it. WHY WOULD YOU BE COOL, WHEN YOU'RE SO DAMN HOT?"

Amateur spit out some of his water right in Jiro's face.

"THANK YOU! IT IS A HUMID DAY! ALTHOUGH I DON'T THINK THE EMPLOYEES LIKE YOU DOING THAT INSIDE! TRUST ME, I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. One time, me and Erin, we were practicing new attacks inside of a Tim Horton's, this Tim Horton's in fact, we ended up getting banned for a year becau..."

"You think I'm... Hot now, too?"

"HELL YEAH, MAN! You're all over the place these days! Who the hell wouldn't want to recruit THE HERO OF CANADA?" Jiro's voice rang with the innocent conviction you only otherwise heard in episodes of Power Rangers.

Amateur blinked, but otherwise stayed still as a statue for a few second, before cracking up. He misinterpreted that situation.

"Anyways, just so we get a proper introduction..." Jiro said, as he began to hold out his hand. "Jiro Kurotsu. They call me 'The Mighty Black Fist', and I'm lookin' to be the MANLIEST fighter AES, and the world has to offer! My current sit up record is over five hundred!"

Amateur leaned back in his chair, taking a couple deep breaths to settle himself down from the laughing. "Well, you certainly have the 'manly' part down." He responded. "Maybe quiet down a tad. We're being stared at."

"HM? WHAT WAS THAT?"

"...On second thought, nevermind. Amateur met Jiro's hand with his glove, for a handshake. "The Amateur. I...beat two giants to qualify to second round after eBola last year?"

Jiro immediately tightened his grip, and shook his hand even harder, before letting go. Ammy needed to let his non-dominant hand be the doughnut eating hand for a while.

"To think I'd run into you on my trip to Vancouver! It's gotta be a sign. From the bottom of my heart, I gotta tell you something..."

Jiro took a deep breath. Amateur quick covered his ears, fully prepared for more yelling in his ear.

"Thanks, buddy."

Jiro patted him on the back, before going back to gobbling up his Timbits. Amateur rested his gloves back at his side.

"Huh?"

"Eh? ...Fangs, Bucky?" Jiro repeated himself, now mouth full of pastry.

Amateur blinked and cocked his head to the side, putting the uneaten half of his doughnut down. "Thanks for... What, exactly?" He asked, both dumbfounded and curious.

Jiro swallowed his food, before continuing.

"You wear the name Amateur as a badge of pride. For an Amateur...you gotta HELL of a lot of guts. It's an open deceleration in the world's face. CALL ME ANY NAME YOU WANT! I AIN'T GONNA BE AFRAID OF THEM! I'LL GET UP, AND STAND TALL ANYWAYS! Your worst insecurities, YOU'VE TURNED THEM INTO YOUR GREATEST ASSET!" Jiro gave a his pearly white wholehearted smile to the Amateur, to show he meant it sincerely. "I don't got the right to call myself the manliest individual on AES when guys like you are around. Thanks."

Amateur sat silently for a few seconds, processing what Jiro was saying. That wasn't even close to the whole story of this situation, but he could tell from his reaction, shattering those expectations for him was going to make Ammy feel even worse.

"...Yeah." Amateur said, faking a smile. "Jiro, listen... Uh... About me-"

"I'll let you talk, but first, you got me REALLY charged up! It's just a Tim Horton's in a place in Canada. I'm gonna start off small, and build up enough of a momentum of confidence to face my own fears and insecurities. For the longest time, I've been worried about how I can achieve my goals, when I'm afraid people will look down on me for a certain aspect...BUT DAMMIT, NO MORE!" The Mighty Black Fist interrupted him with an impassionate speech that would seem scripted coming out of any other human being on the planet.

Getting up from his chair, Jiro stood up on his chair, and put one foot on the counter.

"EVERYONE, LISTEN UP! MY NAME IS JIRO KUROTSU, THE MIGHTY BLACK FIST AND I...LIKE DUDES! BECAUSE I'M GAY! I'D LIKE TO HAVE SEX WITH A DUDE RIGHT NO--"

"No feet on the table!" The Cashier yelled to the Mighty Black Fist.

"GOTCHA!"

Sitting back down, Jiro sat back down in his chair.

"Anyways, you were sayin' somethin?"

Amateur blinked. It took him several moments before he managed to respond. It wasn't exactly a situation he was faced with every day, and especially not in such a...dramatic fashion. Still, it clearly meant a lot to his meal companion.

"Yeah, uh, congrats on coming out to me... And to an entire Tim Horton's." He stated with genuine approval and admiration for Jiro's bravery. He took a deep breath, letting his brain catch up with everything that had happened. Clearly, however, he needed to change the subject, before Jiro said something that might let out the truth.

"I'm... Uh... Just wondering... You're in TANW, right? You've been following what's been going on?"

"I've been catching up for my debut! There's a wolf cub who got turned into a human, and a guy named MANDERSON! Science really is amazing, eh?"

Amateur nodded. "Quite amazing, yes." He cleared his throat, then continued. "Well, I was wondering - What, if anything, do you know about Brand and Lakeem?" He drank some water and finished his doughnut while Jiro replied.

"That happened while I was in Japan, but you bet I caught it every damn week! It was aired weekly in Japan instead of monthly due to a copyright issue, by the way! The two were pro and rookie combo, and from the shows, you'd say they got along better than a lotta the other guys. However, when Brand got eliminated, he blamed Lakeem, and hit him with a chair before telling him about how much hated working with him, and wanted a better person to be his pro!" Jiro tightened his fist, feeling Lakeem's pain. "I dunno Lakeem too well, but you can bet he's got my support ONE HUNDRED PERCENT! I'm ready to see that pompous country boy get what's comin'! How about you?"

Amateur carefully placed the now-empty bottle of water back down on the table, processing everything Jiro had said. Since being attacked by Brand, all Ammy had been focusing on was getting his own revenge on the twerp. He hadn't considered the history between Lakeem and Brand, and how important getting his hands on Brand was for Lakeem.

"Same." Ammy's response was measured, his voice calm, not betraying the thoughts in his mind. "Lakeem... Also has my full support."

"HELL YEAH! I hope I was informative!"

With a look at the clock, Jiro stood up, grabbing what was left of his iced coffee and what was left of his box of confectioneries in one hand, before holding out for a fist bump in his other.

"Take it easy. I feel in another life, I'd be teaching you the ropes. Right now though, you don't need me!"

"That's a very specific and odd thing to say, but..."

Amateur met Jiro with that a fist bump.

"SEE YA, MY MASKED COMRADE!" The Vancouver Boy shouted, before running and roundhouse kicking the door open. "MAY WE MEET ONCE MORE IN THE HEART OF BATTLE!"

Amateur watched Jiro as he left, taking notes of certain attributes as he did so, then leaned back in his chair and stared up at the ceiling.

He had much to think about.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicFast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

AES Main skin made by Ross Hitchman with additional help from Matt The Doctor, El Beardy and Teezy.