TONIGHT WAS THE NIGHT

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars: Roleplaying Game

Which of the three settings would you want to play in most?
Edge of the Empire [ 6 ]  [50.00%]
Age of Rebellion [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Force and Destiny [ 5 ]  [41.67%]
Total Votes: 12
Guests cannot vote 
Clock
 Posted on Mar 12 2017, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

FISTS OF JUSTICE!
Group Icon

Group: #FACTDropper
Gold Armbars: 2,380
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 50

Rep: 8 pts

Awards: 1

So, I'm a big fan of Star Wars. Salt of the earth, love it to death. It's good shit. I'm also a big fan of Tabletop RPGs. Salt of the earth, love it to death. Since I'm posting this thread in Role Playing Games, I think you can see where I'm going with this.

Fantasy Flight Games has been making a Star Wars RPG for a few years now, and it's pretty damn good. It's not the first attempt at a Star Wars RPG; West End Games and Wizards of the Coast both made their own systems before Fantasy Flight gained the license, but for my money, this is definitely the most unique one. Instead of relying on numerical dice rolls to determine success like in DnD, this system instead relies on it's own, unique set of dice with different symbols on it to determine success. There's a lot more to it, of course, but we can get to that at a later time. Suffice it to say, it leads into a much more narrative and roleplaying based game than what most other systems offer.

There's three different game lines out, each of them representing a different area of the Star Wars universe and introducing their own set of mechanics for you to use.

Edge of The Empire - The first one released, Edge of the Empire focuses primarily on Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, and other seedy elements in the Outer Rim of the galaxy. It also introduces the Obligation mechanic, which represents the amount of debt you have to someone or something. This doesn't necessarily have to be a financial debt you have towards a greedy Hutt, but could be anything from an addiction, the sting of betrayal, or even just a needy family you need to check in on every now and then. The higher your obligation, the more trouble it could cause you in the long run, such as bounty hunters coming after you and the party, but, higher risk does mean higher rewards...

Age of Rebellion - The second book released, and the one I have the least amount of knowledge on, Age of Rebellion focuses mostly on the Rebel Alliance and it's war against the Empire (shocking, I know), and is definitely the most military focused book. It introduces the Duty mechanic, which represents how you have accomplished towards the Rebellion, such as battle victories, space combat, or even just recruitment. The more Duty you earn, the more you can trade in to get weapons or even starships.

Force and Destiny - The most recently released book, Force and Destiny focuses on Force users and how they live in the Empire, because even though the Jedi are dead and gone, that doesn't mean Force users are gone too. It introduces the Morality mechanic, which, I'm sure you can guess, tracks how much of a good guy (the Light Side) or asshole (the Dark Side) you are, with each side giving it's own set of advantages and weaknesses.

So, you may be wondering to yourself, Clock, you disgusting troglodyte, why are you telling me all this? Well, because I want to run a campaign in this game, though probably not for whoever asked that question, because it was very hurtful. I want to hear what setting interests you guys the most, and after that, we can run the beginners game for that setting, and go from there. I'm not that sure how much interest is there for something like this, but I'd preferably would want to go no more than 6 players.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask in here PM on Discord.

--------------------
user posted image

Characters I play

Cory Galloway (SAPW, UWOT, Primetime) - Richardson Peterson, Jr. (Primetime) - Jamie Haskins (PWAS, HPW, Primetime, RISE) - El Hijo del Dicky (PHOENIX, MDLL) - Trevor Edwards (PHOENIX, GSB, RevX) - Akira Mioda (UWOT)
PM
^
HatsuneNiko
 Posted on Mar 12 2017, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

wait niko's a guy?
Group Icon

Group: Fed Head
Gold Armbars: 3,082

Donate
Member No.: 87

Rep: 36 pts

Awards: 2

I voted Force and Destiny but I'd be interested in either that one or Edge of the Empire. The Rebel one doesn't quite grab my attention as much tho.

--------------------

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Promo of the Year, all year, every year for bear.txt
PM
^
cole1114
 Posted on Mar 12 2017, 06:20 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Punter!
Gold Armbars: 120

Donate
Member No.: 415

Rep: 2 pts

Space drug mules are best.

--------------------
Cole Scorpio
CNW Tag Team Championship (Bud Light)
Heart and Soul of SDW (2nd Generation)
PM
^
"The Soda King" CokeIbushi
 Posted on Mar 12 2017, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

"Now put your clothes on and I’ll buy you an ice cream.&q
Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 18,610

Donate
Member No.: 53

Rep: 7 pts

Awards: 3

Personally, as someone who grew up with IV-VI and even has the imperial insignia on the hood of his car, I went with Age of Rebellion.

--------------------
"I am kota.Please fan forever."- Kota Ibushi to me, 2017
WAKE UP! THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!
user posted image
Awards Won
Most Improved User 2016
Most Improved Character 2016 (Gabriel White)
Best Designed Male CAW 2016 (Gabriel White)
Third Place Promo Cutter of the Year 2016

Characters I Play:
Gabriel White (TDW, PW:AS, AES:GP, UWOT) | Gabriel's Twitter | Jake McGrath | Jake's Twitter
Kenny Rose (TANW) | Kenny's Twitter | Ethan Sherrill (Scrapyard)
Tammi Wray (ALEVATION, RISE) | Miranda "Queen B." Wright (HPW) | Kristen Wynd (NOW:T)
Shaman (HPW, PHOENIX)
| Stuckie Haffi (PW:AS, SDW) | Sin Parar Totales (GTLL)
Lt. Emile Kotille (AES:GP, Scrapyard) | Jack "The Windy City Wrecker" Phillips | Nathan Autumn
Alina Jinks | Alina's Twitter

Coke Ibushi | My Twitter (Kota Ibushi does too, so he must like my bullshit.)
PMEmail Poster
^
ShotgunKawada
 Posted on Mar 12 2017, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

KAWADA STAHP PLS
Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 1,530,010

Donate
Member No.: 73

Rep: 13 pts

Awards: 6

Edge of empire and ylu know my concept already

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
 Posted on Mar 13 2017, 08:13 AM
Quote Post

FOOKFAYS
Group Icon

Group: Community Manager
Gold Armbars: 745,450

Donate
Member No.: 75

Rep: 16 pts

Awards: 7

I can't believe you tried to sneak this thread through so I wouldn't see it, you coward.

Edge of the Empire.

The seedy underworld of Star Wars was always one of the most interesting parts of the universe to me. Love it to death.

--------------------
Blackout | Brand | Carlyle Connor | Crevan Dwyer | Dorado | El HNNNNNGH | Helgrim Bjornson | Jill Swallows
Keenan Frost | Koala Mask & Kangaroo Mask | 'Bitter' Marty Jannetty | Ryland Patrick | White Goodman
user posted image
PM
^
Stardy
 Posted on Mar 13 2017, 08:38 AM
Quote Post

the slickywickywickest there is
Group Icon

Group: AES Founder
Gold Armbars: 10,972

Donate
Member No.: 114

Rep: 20 pts

Awards: 5

i'll take them all I'm hardcore

--------------------
my signature got too smug and I couldn't add anymore fire emblem characters

user posted image

~ Not removing till Lupe uses WOOP WOOP as her theme ~
~ Started April 15th 2013 ~

ACES! Kid | Actually Bill Nye Tho | Adelbert The Honorable | AES Cops | Afrogenesis The Seer | Alan Emmerich Stevenson | Albert Del Tyneside | All of Homestuck | an astronaut | Aoi Asahina | Ashley ReMango | aslex ridley | Autumn Breeze | BAHAMUT | Barklimouto-chan | Battle Frogger | Big Biffy | Big Money Trucker Nevin Kash | Black Majik | Blank | Bob | The Bride of Kotodel | Bruce Goodman: A Detective, And A Good Man | Bub | Buster Wilde | Cap'n D. Bonney | Capitalist Sheep | Comitshy(2) | Commander Corn | Confine | Conga | Cool Ed | Cory Baxter | Cosplay Bossoms | Cosplay Bubblebath | Cosplay Butters | CPWGP Sign-Ups | Crazy Old Man Trippy | Dan Hibiki | Daoloth | Dareios Atheyos | Dickie Creamens | Dipagon Jr. | Dirty Bear Lover | Dokuro | Duane Delta | Dude Love | Edward | Eiffel 65 Patterson | El Hijo Del RUCKY | El Trippy Del Funky | El Trippy 4 | Enan Trippy | Enyo Atheyos | E T V | Eunice | Fight Russel Fight | The Gallant Steed | Gallows | Gazza | Gabriela Irimia | GIGA DARKFLAME BRITAIN | Ginger Mahal | God | Gorgeous Manhassen | Heatwave Heights | His Russian Cousin Roman | hitler | Howie Dewitt | Hubert Tents | Iona Devin | user posted image | jey uso | Jock Miller | John | The Man We Call "John" | Johnny Café | Joseph Best, Vampire | Joseph Cross | Joseph James | Joseph "Stardy" Best (From the Skullgirls Credits) | Joey Joetard | Kazuichi Souda | KIMRAD THE DESTROYER | King Dart | Kyle Massey | Lemon Key Face | Long Dong Levi | Luigi Albano | Magic Bronson | Man Mountain Rudo | Manfred Sunn | Mango Mask | Mankink | Mario Albano | Matthew Parker | Momma Trippy | Momma Trippy vs Alicia Fox | Monica Irimia | Mr. Carlito | Muskel | Nafruito | Not Boshitron | Oliver Dudley Poole | Oliver Scott | Papyrus | Park Jae-sang | Percy Belfast | Pink Guy Negro | Pocky | Puzzleman | Rayed Kotodel | Ricky of the Figure Fours | ron paul | RUFUS | RUIN | Ruse F | Sakura Oogami | Savior | Selfie | Shockwave | Sir Damn Danielson | Skullgirls Mask | Smash | Smash Punchbeef | Snoop Dogg | SON OF KANE | Spike Dudley | Stardlord | Stardust Clay | Stardy Makabe | Staromi Knight | Suddenly, Mark Henry | Supaiku | Supah Dragin | Sweet Trippy | Taz Fieri | Thurman Beefrock | >total distortion wrestling | Trent Cannon | Tres X Grandes | Ugg | Valrus Plotkiller | Vincenzo Oswaldo Maciarello | Violeta | Wrestleranger Red | Yaoi Hands McGee | Yasuhiro Hagakure | Yo-Yo Fat
I'M GIVING THEM AWAY WTF
PMUsers Website
^
cole1114
 Posted on Mar 13 2017, 12:09 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Group: Punter!
Gold Armbars: 120

Donate
Member No.: 415

Rep: 2 pts

QUOTE (Stardy @ Mar 13 2017, 08:38 AM)
i'll take them all I'm hardcore

Then why couldn't you finish those macdonald nugs

--------------------
Cole Scorpio
CNW Tag Team Championship (Bud Light)
Heart and Soul of SDW (2nd Generation)
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

AES Main skin made by Ross Hitchman with additional help from Matt The Doctor, El Beardy and Teezy.