Group: Content Manager
Gold Armbars: 107,982
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 46

Rep: 44 pts

Awards: 8

tl;dr I'm killing the fed.

Hey what's up, ain't this a BUMMER thread? It sure is for some of you.

However, yes, I'm ending TDW. Feds ending for the community are never a fun time, but I'm gonna tell you all right now, it's definitely a fun time for me. I'll explain in this post why but if you just wanted the news bit that TDW is closing it's doors, then there you go.

What I'm about to say is gonna be a bit disorganized and very shoot from the hip kinda deal and that's because I don't like being scripted for things like this, not even with the nice little bullet points so without further ado, here I go.

If I could sum up how I am feeling about TDW, I can say I feel pretty similarly to our hawaiian friend Osakan Destroyer when he closed SAPW. In fact, it's probably creepily similar now that I read it. But here is the gist of it in my own words.

I've been doing TDW for a long time, since about 2014 and even though we're on Episode 4 of this new rebooted thing, the truth is I've hit that fabled double digit episode mark with like 3 spin off shows and 3 big PPV shows, so I defo got a bunch of mileage on me that I can share with my former efed partner that is now banned to oblivion and I've been burnt out on doing this fed multiple times over. I've been burnt out in some capacity since the middle of the World Long Gone cycle which for reference was in 2015. It's quite frankly a miracle I've gotten this far. Suffice to say, I've dragged out every bit of my energy as I could.

This burn out also extends to e-fedding in general and while I will say I am not like gonna leave the site (which I was very close to doing about a week or two ago), I am in dire need of some kind of refresher or reset to how I handle things around here, and ending TDW is a start not just to cure burnout but to also get to a place where personal insecurities stop hampering my experience so much.

Lemme tell you, internally, I have a real shitty attitude about this fed. Most of my motivations to make this fed the best it can be usually end up being negative. I've got a real insecurity about being under appreciated when it comes to TDW. Even if it's not true, there's gonna be a part of me that believes it and it will always hamper me, especially during the Ross/Francis era where I thought Ross was the star and I was in the background on my laptop doing editing. It's not healthy mentally to try to do that. It's also not really healthy to make a fed to prove a point that you're better than your banned partner or to show that you're the real MVP of No Mercy feds or try to make everyone take a NM fed seriously when you think they don't nor that you could make the best show that can stack up and surpass every other fed game, which I was aiming for for WrestleWave. This is not the attitude anyone should have making a fed ever, nor doing anything in their life, and I've said this to people before but I need to say that to myself.

I can say plainly that after like, Kerfuffle! became a show, I have never had a good attitude making this fed. I should be making this fed for my personal enjoyment and for everyone's enjoyment, but I've been doing it for everyone's enjoyment and to fill my ego. I don't know if this is me growing up and becoming a more mature person and realizing my flaws and fixing them or if it's me just not wanting to deal with it any more but I know this is the right move either way.

I do want to apologize to everyone. I know this probably royally fucks up some plan or another, but if there was a time for me to be selfish, it's now, but I am sorry that I'm doing this since even though I'm pretty sure you'll understand, I know it sucks a fed ends.

Will I ever make another efed? Probably, I have ideas for them but I have other priorities in life to do first.

But yeah, overall long burnout and personal bad attitudes I've accumulated that I want to curb are generally the killers here.

I can probably say more on the topic but I want to get this out of the way. I can do one of them dead fed Q and A's later I guess.

With that all said, I do have one final thing I want to say.

To anyone who has signed up or even watched an episode of TDW once in their lifetime, I hope to have entertained you at one point with this fed and at the very least, I hope I could have helped create a positive moment in your life that you can look back at fondly.

Thanks lads.
- Franco U.

Spoiler (Show/Hide)
  As a parting gift, have this segment from Episode 4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azjyDFXZyAg

also we died on 6/9
nice

--------------------
Total Distortion Wrestling Fed Head | Twitter: @Francis_Ugondus

Lakeem | Francis Ugondus | La Red | Metta World War | Dan Brown | Courtney Brown | DJ Wavebird | Pepsiman | Emma "Make You" Bleed | Dylan Holmes | Bro Jobberson | Francis_eBooks | Francine Ugondus | Bill Atlas | Tyrone, Lord of the Dance | Fushin | Guy Sunshine | Jesus Ant

"Male or Female?" - Kira
"Pleasing the male when he's tired and vice versa." - Niko
"file:///C:/Users/Joseph/Desktop/Vampire_the_Requiem_Second_Edition.pdf" - Stardy
"The puzzle that the Sphinx told Oedipus. Why that, did you just learned how to read words more than three-letter long?" - The Ace Detective

user posted image
PMUsers Website
^
Tiffy Lockhart
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Rain rain, go away, and stay that way if Nico Ni is indeed basic
Group Icon

Group: Content Manager
Gold Armbars: 1,080

Donate
Member No.: 102

Rep: 8 pts

Awards: 5

You have no obligation to us at all, and if you feel the way you do then it's right to hop off the boat.

Francis you've done amazing work and the only regret from all of this is the wish that I personally had been more encouraging to you to maybe lessen how you felt.

If you ever do make another show I want you to know that I'll be looking forward to whatever form that takes. Don't force yourself to do anything you don't wanna do, especially if you're doing it for unhealthy reasons.

--------------------
"Tyger, tyger, so bright and so innovative." -Punkie
"half tiger half fire half amazing the only man with three halves" - Matt

user posted image

Amber Ember - SAPW Co-Owner/Leader of Amber Empire | Tyler Rykren - Intercontinyuu Champion/CNW/HPW/SDW
EmRy - Mother of twins/AES Primetime/ROSE | Pastor Lincoln - ProWres World Champion
Annabelle "Annie Mu" Anderson - Head of Harem Talent Agencies

PM
^
The Doctor
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Addicted to Bad Ideas
Group Icon

Group: General Manager
Gold Armbars: 3,061

Donate
Member No.: 4

Rep: 11 pts

Awards: 1

It was an honor helping book the fed that made me love AES again.

Be good to yourself, I say this always. You gotta do things for good reasons and protect your mental health. Thanks for so much good entertainment. Hopefully this'll inspire more No Mercy feds, because that'd be cool.

--------------------
user posted image

Characters I Play:
Action Jackson (BAW, TDW) - Andrew Adonis [GSB] - Arthur Rickett (UWOT) - The Beta Alpha Delta Dudes (UWOT) - Blur (BAW, SDW) - Christopher Blackwood (NOW Trials) - Cobra T. Washington - Connie Quinn (AES PrimeTime) - Dance Party '95 (AES PrimeTime, TDW) - "Dirty" Dave Dukakis (UOW) - Dr. Steel - Erin Toyota (SAPW) - Fats King (SDW) - Holly Hawk (ALEVATION, MallBrawl, UWOT) - Il Ragno (GTLL) - JD Jarbo (HPW) - Jim Jackson [CCA] - K.C. (ALEVATION) - Kevin Blastoise - Marie Dufort (MallBrawl) - Matt Suit - Nathaniel Comier (UWOT) - Nicolle Knox [GSB] - Officer Johnny Slick - Super America (AES PrimeTime, GTLL) - "Big" Tex Johnson (AES PrimeTime, CFPW) - Thora Vinter (AES PrimeTime, HPW)
PMUsers Website
^
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

FOOKFAYS
Group Icon

Group: Community Manager
Gold Armbars: 745,450

Donate
Member No.: 75

Rep: 16 pts

Awards: 7

TDW was a very fun fed to be apart of and you really pushed the limits of what is possible within No Mercy.

Be proud of yourself for what you achieved, my dude.

--------------------
Blackout | Brand | Carlyle Connor | Crevan Dwyer | Dorado | El HNNNNNGH | Helgrim Bjornson | Jill Swallows
Keenan Frost | Koala Mask & Kangaroo Mask | 'Bitter' Marty Jannetty | Ryland Patrick | White Goodman
user posted image
PM
^
Tange9t
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

i deed eet
Group Icon

Group: Fed Head
Gold Armbars: 10

Donate
Member No.: 423

Rep: 4 pts

Awards: None

Basically just echoing what I've already said on discord and what other people've said on here, I 100% feel ya, if it's not worth it for you any more then that's that really. At the end of the day we're all here to have fun, and if things are weighing that down in what you're doing I don't think it's selfish at all to stop.

As much as I'm sure everyone's going to miss TDW, it was great while it lasted, and even though I was only around for a tiny bit of it I wanna thank you for the great times with it. If you ever do decide to have another go at making a fed I have 100% confidence in your ability to make it great.

--------------------
user posted image
My characters
I run TANW, you should check it out.
PM
^
TBK
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Baras
Group Icon

Group: Community Manager
Gold Armbars: 7,859

Donate
Member No.: 49

Rep: 23 pts

I'm gonna reiterate something Matt said when OD posted and say it's kinda fucked up we feel the need to apologize when a fed ends. After all, a director doesn't apologize after a play. They bow. So go ahead and take pride in making what is undoubtedly one of the tightest feds on the site, let alone one of the greatest No Mercy feds on the site. As the dude who booked ProWres, the episodes you put out after the reboot would blow anything I could make TODAY. And so much of all that is you than it ever was Ross, it's not even funny.

You did good. Very good, and I think leaving it off on a high note is probably the best case scenerio. You're one of the coolest people I've ever had to work with, and you deserved a much deserved chill. Take a load off your mind. Hell, take a few weeks, months, however long you want from AES if it'll help. I have absolutely nothing but positive memories of TDW, and I know for sure I'm not the only one. I worry sometimes I come off as corny or fake during these kind of threads, because truth is 99% of the time I don't know what to say, but I try my best to come up with words that describe how I feel anyways. If I could sum up how I feel in one sentence, however, I'd tell you "Dammit, be proud".

Ya did good, kid.

http://i.imgur.com/RRQz8LW.png

--------------------
user posted image

Active Characters I Play:
Juan Cortes (MallBrawl, NOW) - Anne Cortes (UWOT, PrimeTime, SDW, RISE) - Dr. Main Event (UWOT, PrimeTime, PHOENIX) - Alice Skye (PrimeTime, ALEVATION, MallBrawl, PHOENIX, TANW) - Aria Rothenburg (HPW, BAW) - Emmy Bancroft (Revolution X, ALEVATION) - PRIME (Revolution X) - Eli McSweeney - Jiro Kurotsu (SDW, TANW) - Charis De Campo (NOW) - Lucy "Tyke" Miller (UWOT, PrimeTime, RISE) - Johnny Nighttime Jr. (BAW) - Octavio Maximilian (PW:AS, GTLL) - Mexican Dragon (PrimeTime, GTLL) - Drake Faust (UWOT) - Lucille (MallBrawl) - Carmen Castellano (TANW) - Gan
Ceann (ScrapYard) - Ichiro Kurotsu (TANW)
PM
^
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

See through faded, super jaded
Group Icon

Group: General Manager
Gold Armbars: 230

Donate
Member No.: 5

Rep: 17 pts

I think I've already given my main thoughts to you in private, but in the famous words of the Undertaker, "Ya dun did good, son."

I'm just glad you realized you were forcing yourself beyond your limits before it was too late and things suffered for it. I just hope you don't have to suffer anymore, either.

--------------------
user posted image
Lance Meszaros | Bob Sagat | Graham Lawson | Tyrone Hawk
Anya Reyes | Baya Hazzard | Cody McNeal | Joey Lin
Laura Brennan | Jacob Cass | Jun Matsuda | Ricky D'Amore
Natalie Capitaine | Belleza | Kai Redwood | Jeri Han

"i want punker to fuck my wife!!!" - DerryB, 2016
"I came for Punkie and I didn't hesitate." - Niko, 2016
"a psychologist should diagnose my mind and my ass" - Derrick Brizen, 2015
"If I wanted to RP as a human I'd just go outside for a fucking walk." - Phukfaic, 2015
"Laura, you have too much vagina. Go somewhere where your vagina is very needed." - Francis Ugondus, 2015
PM
^
pyroMercenary
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Life Is A Struggle, But I Will Endure
Group Icon

Group: Just Mango
Gold Armbars: 2,490

Donate
Member No.: 326

Rep: 2 pts

Awards: None

Thank you forever for Tryhard Nakamura.

--------------------
user posted image
NAZI PUNCH

Characters I Play

Proud Recipient of the Golden God Fucking Dammit of 2016 for "Let's Recap, Shall We?"
PMEmail Poster
^
ShotgunKawada
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

KAWADA STAHP PLS
Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 1,530,020

Donate
Member No.: 73

Rep: 13 pts

Awards: 6

While i am sad its going but you are more important than a fed. Will say if it wasn't for you and ross heckling me every few days about sign ups i would of not stayed in aes for much longe. Yes you can blame ross and francis for nurturing the blight that is Kawada. And i wouldn't of made the meanest son of a bitch in Richard Fountain so thanks for everything.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Knitesoul
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 02:46 AM
Quote Post

t
Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 100,060

Donate
Member No.: 63

Rep: 4 pts

Thank you for giving me the chance to be part of the team. My first time being in a booking team and it was a blast.

You got to show off just how far No Mercy can go with a little help from mods and it was fantastic.

<3 http://i.imgur.com/epYwpb1.png

--------------------
My Characters:

Alex Santos - Primetime, Phoenix, GTLL, RISE | Kamara Moore - NOW Elite, Primetime, HPW | Rose Parker w/ Alyssa Turner - BAW, HPW, REV-X | Kasumi Moore - BAW, UWOT | Jackson Douglas w/ Tia Chang - TDW, Primetime | Jade Andersen - TDW | El Mericano - MDLL | Peacekeeper - GTLL | Aja Firehart - ALEVATION:NF | Troy Griffin - NOW Trials | Jon Quinn - Phoenix | Simon Clausen -

Rose Parker:
- Rookie Of The Year 2013 (Shared w/ La Red)
- Female Wrestler Of The Year 2016 (Shared w/ DJ Wavebird)
- Owner of BAW
- SAPW Television Champion (Current)
PM
^
Garet
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

Breathe easily, live freely
Group Icon

Group: Two Bears
Gold Armbars: 3,370

Donate
Member No.: 48

Rep: 3 pts

You did good, Francis. Please be proud that you did all of this from beginning to end.

--------------------
John Doe (TDW/BAW/PrimeTime/NOW Elite) Regirock/Regice (SAPW/PrimeTime) Registeel (PW:AS)
Captain Brainbuster (HPW) Jeremy McCruise (NOW Trials) Yes Way Esé (???) Sarah Aerohart (???)
Drake Manticore (???)
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

AES Main skin made by Ross Hitchman with additional help from Matt The Doctor, El Beardy and Teezy.