Rep: none

Awards: None

TANW Scene 7: The Dance of Eternity
July 15, 2017
2300 BST

Pre-show: Holly Hawk vs. Katherine Evans

#1: Hammond Egger vs. Tyler Thomas - Birmingham CrossSuplex Qualifier

#2: Chandelier vs. Oseiko

#3: #1 Contendership (Male Double Class): The Saintly Alliance vs. The Justice Fighters

#4: Declan A'Shiya vs. Lyle Hedley - Birmingham CrossSuplex Qualifier

#5: Last Woman Standing: Blair Irving vs. Robin Reflex

#6: Female Double Class Championship: Alice Skye & Nicolle Knox vs. The Amazons of Anchorage

#7: Male Open Class Championship: ??? vs. Usvifr Magni ©

#8: Rosaline Valdes vs. Arceus

#9: Male Master Class Championship: Mark Anderson vs. Grigori Ginoveaf ©

-------------------------

TANW Scene 7: One Last Time
July 16, 2017
2300 BST

Pre-show: Red Blazer vs. Kirsty Boyd

#1: FLAME MAN'S BASS BOOSTED OPEN CHALLENGE: FLAME MAN vs. ??? - Birmingham CrossSuplex Qualifier

#2: The Freak Show vs. Alexis Riot & Baby Wolf

#3: Kenny Rose vs. Ciaran Fawkes - Birmingham CrossSuplex Qualifier

#4: The Hook-Up vs. En Garde - Birmingham CrossSuplex Qualifier

#5: Lakeem vs. Brand - Birmingham CrossSuplex Qualifier

#6: Male Double Class Championship: TBD vs. The Chosen

#7: Female Open Class Championship: ??? vs. Electra Emerick ©

#8: Alice Skye vs. Jeongyeon

#9: Female Master Class Championship: Stheno vs. Carmen Castellano
PM
^
Oseiko
 Posted: Jun 18 2017, 11:58 PM
Quote Post

"The Black Widow"
Group Icon

Group: AES Character
Gold Armbars: 790
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 85

Rep: 4 pts

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
ShotgunKawada
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

KAWADA STAHP PLS
Group Icon

Group: Fed Head
Gold Armbars: 1,530,200

Donate
Member No.: 73

Rep: 17 pts

Awards: 6

]A loud crack echoes through a darkened chamber as the man known as Usvifr Magni sits upon a large obsidian stone throne, his dark eyes damn near burning a hole into the camera as he bends his middle finger at the third knuckle and places his thumb over it and applies pressure to it, causing another crack to echo.

"I surely hope you all have not forgotten who I am, but to the uninitiated: I am Usvifr Magni." Magni speaks with an utter coldness in his voice.

"I have been gone for quite a time. But I have not been sitting here idly. Since I returned to land from that sinking ship I have been with my fellow brothers and sisters as we have spread word of our God, the one who gives the gifts of despair, desolation and his greatest gift one - one of which even I have not been deemed worthy... Death."

He continues speak as he starts to expose the large elaborate design on his chest. The camera zooms out, showing a robed figure standing next a roaring fireplace.

"We have quite a few converts who sees Holler's gifts and appreciate them, but then there are the heretics spitting in my God's face with their "lust for life", if you would say. Like that hedonist Gladwin, doing whatever he pleases and embodying everything that I despise."

His voice picks up with a flicker of anger but remains emotionally cold as the robed figure pulls out a medium length rod out ending with a blunt, glowing red point. The figure moves to Magni's side.

Magni gestures to the design on his brick wall of a chest. "What you see here is a monument to my devotion to my God, to show him that he was not mistaken for letting me be his avatar on this earth and that I will strike down anyone and everyone that disrespects him and give them the gift of utter despair as I leave their field of dreams a desolate wasteland."

He looks to the figure and nods as the robed man lifts the rod and places the point on Magni's chest, right below the collarbone. As the point sizzles on his chest the man then drags it slowly across, adding another mark to the brand on Magni's chest. When the man has finished he walks away with the rod.

"And with their despair my monument grows and empowers me. This is why I came back like I did: to teach true despair to everyone in AES," he says as a cruel smile graces his face. "This is why I took the title from Gladwin who was oh so close to getting that Master Class Title. With this title I will spread Holler's gifts to anyone who dares to step into the ring with me. You can pick whichever stipulations to think you will have an advantage because in the end? All you will be able to do is close your eyes... and fade... away."

He utters his last words as he leans into the camera and it cuts to black.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Gary Saint
 Posted: Jun 24 2017, 03:14 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 10

Donate
Member No.: 455

"First of all, I'd like to offer my congratulations to Jiro Kurotsu...

...for being the first to face the wrath of The Saintly Alliance in an AES ring."

Upon a couch sat one Gary Saint, addressing the camera alongside his cousin Russ, who was sat beside him. Shockingly, the former looked to be sober for once, lacking his typically induced stutter and slouching forward with his gaze seeming to pierce. The latter sat upright, arms folded, looking off somewhere to the side, clearly not interested in being in front of a camera at 2 in the morning.

"Ain't you embarrassed? Not about the sexuality thing, I ain't judgin', if anything I gotta give you some props for comin' out about that, but like... This whole ridiculous persona you got cooked up." Gary chuckled to himself idly. "I mean, c'mon man, you're 27 years old and you're walkin' around with ya hair spikier than my cousin's mask over here." For emphasis, he tapped on the 'horn' protruding from Russ' mask a couple of times, getting a dirty look in response.

"Like, I get it, you wanna be a hero to the kids, yada yada, but in 2 years those same kids ain't gonna give a crap about you. By the time they hit 12 years old they're gonna take one look at you and think you're a total dork. And that ain't even sayin' anything about ya brother, who acts around 12.

Like, my li'l brother Jake plays this game, I think it's like Final Fantasy Realm Blood or something like that, I dunno I ain't fuckin' play video games, anyway there's this one song in that game that has the line 'the edge is calling tonight', and that's Itchy in a nutshell."
Apparently having planned out this segment of the discussion, he gets his phone and plays a clip of the song in question. Indeed, the vocalist proceeds to yell the phrase in question.

"That's you, Itchy, because holy fuck you're so goddamn edgy you make the Female Master Class Champ's theme sound fuckin' upbeat. A real pair of fuckin' embarrassments." Finally, Russ acknowledges the presence of the camera, staring into it for a solid 3 seconds as Gary stands up and leaves the room, taking an unopened bottle of beer with him from a nearby end-table. Russ started.

"July 15th, we make you worth something. Your efforts will have all been worth it, because we'll show those kids out there what happens to people like you. We'll teach them who not to be like, and then we'll face down The Chosen and take the Male Double Class Championships." An arrogant smirk crept across his lips. "Of course, you're free to try and prove me wrong, heroes." It was then Russ took a passing glance at the end-table, noting that the beer bottles were all still in place.

"Oh for- Gary, that isn't beer, that's bone hurting juice!"

"oh god ow my bones oh fuck owwww it hurts even worse than flame man christ"
PM
^
ShotgunKawada
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

KAWADA STAHP PLS
Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 1,530,200

Donate
Member No.: 73

Rep: 17 pts

Awards: 6

The camera focuses on a scowling Grigori Genoveaf walking out of his apartment building. As he begins to make his way up the street, a  the cameraman calls out to the Master Class Champion.

"Grigori! Wait up! Hey!"

Grigori stops and looks over at the cameraman incredulously as the camera catches up to him. "Dude, are you fucking serious right now?" he asks, clearly irate at the man.

"I'm sorry, I've been trying to get hold of you for a week now. I needed to get your thoughts on having to face Anderson again for your Master Class Title - the same title you beat him for," the cameraman inquires as the Czech-born man scowls deeply, still fuming at the invasion of privacy adding to the already-foul mood he has been in for days.

"How do I feel? I'm annoyed. I'm annoyed with the fact that I beat someone like Lakeem - even though he nearly had me beat a few times, I won. Not him. ME!" he explodes as he jabs his thumb towards his face to point to himself. "Yet now I'm back playing showdown at the OK Corral with the fucker I clearly proved who the better was against." Grigori's almost shouting at the cameraman. "But that's okay. Mark can help me with what my father would call a teaching moment," he says as he chuckles slightly before shaking his head. "See, I hear people chuckling, having a little joke over one of my nicknames. Oh, how edgy I am. Ooohhhhh the "Terror King", how scary," he says with a mocking tone to his voice before glaring at the camera.

"Like it's one big joke - that I'm trying to compensate for something. It means something to me, deeply. So I'm going to tell you all a little story. I know I've said my home life was pretty much Hell growing up, but let me give you an example. Let me tell you how I spent my sixteenth birthday, and how I started to despise my father." The bitterness starts to take over in his voice.

"A few weeks after Mother passed away, my father took me and Petor camping in the woods surrounding our compound for what he called "survival training". That night after we set up I noticed we didn't bring any food, but I didn't think much of it - at the time I was just excited to be out with my father and brother. He gathered me and Petor by the fire after we did our evening training drills and he gave this long-ass speech about how the Ginoveaf family has been know as some of the strongest soldiers and warriors in the world, and that they had no place for weakness.  That this was not a vacation, but a test to see if we deserved to call ourselves "Ginoveaf". He explain that he had set traps in the woods and that we had until sunset the next day next day to get out of the woods and within the boundaries of our compound. And that whoever got their last had to spend two days in the coffin."

Grigori pauses as he gathers his thoughts. The memories are beginning to enrage him. "Then he turned to me and said that because Petor had won the sparring session, I was going to be given a handicap. And before I even had a chance to ask what it was, he took out this pistol-sized crossbow and shot me in my right knee," Grigori recounts, shifting his right leg. A phantom pain had flared up at the statement.

"Petor tried to help me during the exercise, but he realized if he kept helping me neither of us would have made it. So he left me behind.... I mean, I don't blame him for it.

"See, the coffin was a punishment my great great grandfather came up with. Some poor bastard was put inside of a coffin, and it was sealed. It had a tubing set-up fed through to supply air. The coffin was then weighted down and sank to the bottom of the nearby lake. I tried my damnedest, but I passed out a mile away from the finish line. Needless to say, Father was not pleased - and no amount of begging could have stopped him from putting me in that goddamn coffin. After that ordeal I vowed I would never let the terror of happened to me own me to lord over everything i would do. I would be a king to my own terror."
He runs a hand through his hair before shaking his head to clear the thoughts away.

"Mark, I want you to seriously consider the terror your family and loved ones will feel when you step in the ring with me, because I am done using kid gloves with everyone. This title is going nowhere, and I know how damn dangerous you are, so if push comes to shove? I have no problem breaking your damn neck to prove my greatness. This is not a threat, nor is it a promise; this is just a statement of fact."

Grigori finishes bluntly and walks away from cameraman as the feed fades to black.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Dougal Baird
 Posted: Jun 29 2017, 09:21 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 60

Donate
Member No.: 452

"Mr. Baird, what's this horrible thing I've heard about the company's plans lately? Is it true what they're saying?" A young, particularly brash reporter within the crowd addressed the former owner of Inverness Strong Style Wrestling turned Technical Aberrations Network Wrestling booker and general manager, Dougal Baird. He'd been talked into doing this presser by his business partner Lara Ford, and he was already regretting it greatly.

"Well, that depends on which one. There's been a lot of rumours floating around." He tried his best not to look nervous, fearing the absolute worst.

"Well, about the one about naming something a bad pun..." Oh thank god, he thought to himself.

"Ah, yes, that. I'm afraid to say that one is true, we are in fact having a tournament-" Immediately boos started raining down upon him. He knew he'd have to open up about the tournament plans eventually, and he knew it was going to go down like a wet fart, but this was far from the worst question they could have asked.

"- that we're referring to as the Birmingham CrossSuplex Tournament. It was a long back and forth decision as to whether we actually wanted to do one this year with all the tournaments already happening, but with GTT being off and the AESGP being on hiatus we figured we'd rather set the standard as doing it once a year rather than missing our first."

"So what exactly is this going to entail, Mr. Baird?" A different voice this time, a young woman near the back. He started to recite his planned speech.

"Well, first of all, it's going to be taking place across our next "big" show. At current pace we're putting one of them out approximately every 16 weeks, so we're looking at early November for time-frame. As we've stated, it's going to be annual, but the gender of the tournament will alternate every year. This year we're looking at a male tournament, with a female one in 2018." He stopped to take a sip of water, but was questioned before he could resume.

"But who's in this tournament?"

"Good timing, I was just going to get to that. We'll be having a number of qualifying matches over the coming months to determine who all will be entered, however there's several happening at Scene 7. Hammond Egger vs. Tyler Thomas, Kenny Rose vs. Ciaran Fawkes, The Hook-Up vs. En Garde and the much-anticipated Lakeem vs. Brand will all be qualifying matches, as well as one match that we have currently not announced.

However, there's one additional qualifier that's a little bit more complicated, and that's Declan A'Shiya vs. Lyle Hedley. If you saw the pre-show for 6 Degrees of Separation, you'll have seen Mr. A'Shiya win a certain...

Unique Opportunity.

This grants him two things. One of those is a guaranteed entry into the tournament, which means this match has a little more at stake. You see, if Mr. Hedley wins, he gets a place in the tournament as well. However, if he is unable to defeat Mr. A'Shiya, then not only will he not qualify for the tournament, that slot will be entirely removed from play and Mr. A'Shiya will be granted a bye into the quarterfinals. This is a very crucial advantage when you consider that the entire tournament will be taking place over a 3-day weekend."

"You mentioned that the unique opportunity granted two things, but you've only mentioned one of these. What's the other?" This asked by a man in a strikingly pink shirt. Dougal glanced at the design. Ah, a Tickler fan. Wait, Rick Trent had fans?

"The other thing this grants him is the opportunity to select any one person on the active roster to be a participant in the tournament. He has until the show before it to decide, and if he'd rather not take advantage of this option we'll pick someone ourselves who's particularly impressed. However, things get a little... interesting if the open class or master class champion is chosen.

This leaves us with 7 slots to be decided across the 6 shows between Scene 7 and the tournament proper, which will be decided at a rate of one-per-show. The extra slot will be decided through a Pandemonium Series matchup.

I'd like to note two more things about the tournament before we move on to other subjects. The first is that if someone would like to have a chance at appearing in the tournament, they must have contacted me about being a member of the active roster before Scene 7 airs. When we go dark after night 2, we'll have locked in every qualifying match for this year's tournament.

The second is that this isn't going to be your traditional tournament. The qualifiers are regular singles matches, but within the actual tournament every single match will be contested with no disqualifications and falls counting anywhere in the arena. If you've any unrelated questions, please feel free to ask them."
Dougal took a breather for several seconds before finally another question came in.

"Just one from me, Mr. Baird. I noticed an advertisement for a, uh, 'TANW SydeShow' in Newcastle the Thursday before Scene 7, what exactly is this?"

"Oh, right, I never mentioned that. We'll be pre-taping our pre-shows in Newcastle going forward in these small-scale 'SydeShow' tapings. Effectively they'll have the pre-show matches for whichever show is next, as well as a number of matches between our talent and some local wrestlers. We're using it as a scouting platform, largely." Almost immediately, another question came.

"But how will this effect the ELO standings?" Dougal pinched his nose lightly. The obvious question, the one he knew was coming.

"The unaired matches will not alter the ELO in any way, and the aired ones will alter it at half the usual, as the pre-show matches have done traditionally. It's not a perfect solution, but we figured it would be better than the rankings suddenly changing in a match only a couple hundred people in Newcastle get to see. Now, if there are any final questions now's the time to ask them, I'm very tired of talking."

"Yes, uh, what is the deal with Gladwinium? Is that a real thing? What actually happened at 3 Minute Warning?" Oh no. The actual worst question they could have asked.

"I have absolutely no idea, to be honest. Any questions about that stuff need to be directed to the head of Technical Aberrations Inc. Any other questions?" Around seven seconds passed, enough that Dougal was getting ready to stand up as the final question came.

"Yeah, I have one. Is there any ETA on when EmRy's going to be cleared to return?" Dougal sighed in a protracted manner. The actual actual worst question they could have asked.

"I'm not at liberty to answer that question. That will be all." He walked off, the crowd murmuring amongst themselves heavily.
PM
^
Def Jarrett
 Posted: Jul 9 2017, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Trying to live a quiet life
Group Icon

Group: Just Mango
Gold Armbars: 1,530

Donate
Member No.: 178

Rep: 14 pts

It is a bright and shining, cloudless day down at the baseball diamond. The freshly-cut grass is emerald-green and the bases are all pearly white and clean. All in perfect condition for nine innings of America's Pastime. But the bleachers behind the fences are empty. Same goes for the dugouts running behind the foul lines. No, the only person here is a masked man standing next to home base, bat slung confidently over his shoulder. He's dressed to play, at least! His uniform shirt, open to reveal a yellow singlet, is white with yellow pinstripes; over his 'heart' on the jersey is a white oblong-shaped insignia, resembling, of all things, an egg. His cap is similarly yellow, also with the insignia emblazoned on it.

"Howdy, friends!" the man shouts. "Hammond Egger here, eggsited as ever!" He smiles before taking in a deep breath. "Ah, baseball. Can't you just imagine it? The roar of the crowd, the smell of popcorn and hot dogs in the air, the sharp crack of the bat as it sends a line drive soarin' through the air. It's an eggstraordinary event!"

He nods his head a few times rapidly. "It is, but what am I doing here, you ask? Well, my upcoming opponent for TANW is none other than baseball prodigy Tyler Thomas. But I'm not here to mock you, Tyler, I promise on my Grammy's soul!" Egger shakes his head. "No my friend. But you and I, we're not so different! You were a baseball star and I, well, I like baseball! Never could play anything but wiffleball but lemme tell ya, I can crack a mean wiffle-home run when I needed to!" Egger takes the bat off his shoulder and considers it for a moment before grinning.

"Now, from what I hear, you're lookin' for some good-ol' competition, and TANW has decided to give you me as that competition! For one, I am honored. In fact, I'm honored that some of these other companies are also giving me chances! I know I just lost that Second Set battle royal for that Paradise thing - surprised the heck outta me but I wasn't gonna say no! - but I made a solid elimination! Plus, I'm goin' from pre-show to opening match for TANW! My stock is in an eggsellent place right now, I'd say!"

"Now, what does that mean for you, Tyler?" Egger chuckles heartily. "Well, if you're lookin' for competition, there ain't nobody better for it right now than this Sunny-Side-Up Saint! You and I have a chance to kick off this show right! It's a big one for TANW, one everyone's gonna be watchin'! Eggsiting, for sure! And on top of that, it's tournament action! A regular wildcard round bout for their own World Series! Well, CrossSuplex tournament, but-" Egger shrugs "-you know what I mean!"

Egger then shakes his head. "But! We can't let all that pressure scramble us. We can't crack! Our shells have to be tough! And I know mine will be! I will be ready to bring you that competition, ready to wow those wonderful Eggheads out in the audience, and ready to hit a home run! Just watch!"

With that, Egger reaches down and grabs a ball off the ground near his foot. He swiftly takes his stance in the batter's box, baseball bat once again slung over his right shoulder. He tosses the ball lightly into the air, grips the bat, and swings!

And misses. The ball lands softly in the dirt.

"Whoops."

Undeterred, he reaches down to pick it up again, shrugging sheepishly as he stands up. Once more, he readies himself and tosses the ball up into the air. He takes a mighty swing, and this time, he connects!

Except instead of the unmistakable crack of bat-on-ball, known by heart to all baseball fans, a slightly...squishier cracking noise is made. Egger brings the head of the bat close in for inspection, and upon seeing the yellow goop that covers it, realizes his mistake.

"Oh! That was an egg. Not a baseball at all."

He looks at it for a few more seconds, almost perturbed. "Well, you could say that's almost metaphorical for you smashing me to bits..."

He stares some more. But then, he finally looks up, a goofy grin on his face.

"Or it could mean, if you aren't careful, Tyler Thomas, you'll get egg on your face!"

Egger laughs. "I'm just kidding! Let's go out there and knock this match outta the park!" He gives a thumbs-up with his left hand, his right one still holding onto the egged bat, as the scene fades out.

--------------------
Zebadiah Thurston (PrimeTime/RevX) - Hammond Egger (PW:AS/TANW/MDLL) - Robin Reflex (RISE/TANW) - Judy Moon & Virginia Nothing (RISE/TANW) - Jake Cunningham (BAW) - Def Jarrett (BAD) - Aryn Pickman (SDW)
PMUsers Website
^
Alice Skye
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 270

Donate
Member No.: 162

Rep: 6 pts

September 1st, 2007, the day that a Knox child would enter one of the most prestigious school in all of Conneticut, St. Margaret's School for Young Ladies, a private high school of high schools. As the stone engraved above the door in the entranceway read "You Shall Create Our Future", and more often than not anyone who walked that under that stone every morning did. Scientists, Writers, Athletes, Teachers, Scholars, Cosmonauts, just about every type of profession that the young women who went to the school aimed to be, they did. It was never a cheap private school to go to, but once you took a look the thousands of classes each year, to the massve fields and buildings dedicated solely to sports, it made the price of going worth it in the eyes of many. It was like going to a school that was also an amusement park.

Girls like Nicolle Knox dreamed of the day it would be her to take the steps through those arches, ever since she was small (Well, smaller, was a better way of putting it. The youngest Knox girl was just a step above pocket-sized, after all). Which made that day all the more aggravating for her. It was seven years ago that Alice Knox had been adopted by her family, something that didn't bother her having been adopted herself. Still, she couldn't help but be envious of her sister for being born just a few months earlier, and getting to reach Nicolle's dream a whole year before she could because of it.

On the morning her final year of middle school was about to start, she took the staircase down to the bottom floor to make herself some Breakfast, as usual. Mister and Misses Knox would always sleep in at around this time, which gave the girls plenty of time to eat, and relax before school started. Sitting at the table enjoying a bowl of Apple Jacksons in her uniform.

"Dearest sister, might I ask what you are doing wearing your uniform for breakfast?"

Having already spooned a mouthful of cinnamon-flavored cereal in the shape of ninja masks into her mouth, Alice stared at her sister, unsure if she wanted an answer that moment, or if she should have waited.

"Gah--"

"Do not speak with your mouth full, it is impolite." Nicolle interrupted her sister before she could get a muffled word out.

Alice finished chewing, and gulped down her apple jacks before saying what she was about to say earlier.

"Got ready a lil' early. Relax, I don't spill my food. Didn't remember I didn't eat 'till I was finished."

"Ah, ah, ah." Nicolle said, with a wag of her finger. "Alice, you shall be docked for every answer you do not answer with proper grammar by your teachers."

Nicolle walked behind the counter, to do put her sisters hair back into a ponytail using her own hair tie.

"Must I do this at home, Nic...olle? I shall be speaking in this manner all day. I would...very much wish to speak as I normally do, while I am still able to." Alice struggled to even get through that last sentence.

Nicolle sighed.

"Very well, but do not move from that spot until I have applied make up. I shall not have you embarass me."

Alice rolled her eyes, and continued to eat her cereal as Nicolle left for the make up kit. It was a new beginning for Alice, and even for Nicolle. The two would soon begin their teenage years of school. It was a brand new adventure for Alice, but with her sister there to be sure she would be doing everything right, Alice held faith she could make it through her freshman year.

"Alice, have you taken your medication this morning?" Nicolle raised her voice from the other room.

"Nope. Gimme 'till I finish breakfast!" Alice yelled back to her.

"Certainly."
PM
^
SamGladwinIRL
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Snakeman Snakeman Snakeman that Snakeman's up to something
Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 106,789

Donate
Member No.: 279

Rep: 38 pts

"Alright, get in the shot-"

The Daily Dose Promo Couch, grubby as ever, fills the frame in that fashion oh so typical of Big Boy Gladwin's pre-match diatribes. The young man he's hastily shuffling into visibility isn't Snakeman, however; it's Big Boy's new tag-team partner. The one he's going to be sharing his match with on the biggest show to date of what is at this point unquestionably Big Boy's home promotion. And if he were to be completely honest (which isn't like him at all, but maybe under special circumstances) he'd tell you he couldn't be happier.

"You, uh... You want me to cut the promo-?"

"Fuck yeah I want you to cut the promo, man! Show me what you've got."

"Well, okay, uh..."

Deals Drugs To Children hadn't spent a lot of time in front of a camera. He'd done a couple of local-network TV interviews back in his high school wrestling days, but (outside of screenshots including his name-plate at the bottom of the screen gaining some notoriety online) they admittedly hadn't been anything special, and now that his buddy had placed him on the spot the nerves were affecting him.

"Well, y'know, En Garde, you guys are a couple of top-notch athletes! Your matches in CFPW back when you were holdin' the tag-team titles were a couple of my favourites, and I think your success speaks for itself, so I'm not overlookin' your ability or anything-"

"No, no, no, no, no. Not like that. Geez, man, that was awful! That's not how you cut a promo."

"It's, uh... It's not? I mean, I've seen a few people cut promos like that, and I thought they were alright-"

"Exactly! That's exactly what I'm saying, man - everyone cuts promos like that! And we don't wanna be like everyone else, do you, Deals Drugs? We wanna stand out. We want the whole world to know that you and me, we're something special."

Deals Drugs stared at Big Boy, hyper-focused. He knew the guy could wrestle (much as he might like to give off the impression that he couldn't, for whatever his reasons may be) but there was a real, easy expertise to the way he conducted himself on-camera. Like he wasn't self-conscious of how he came across in the slightest, because he knew he was cool.

"Now, Bellestra, Riposte, I'd like you to disregard what my associate over here said entirely, because you guys are a couple of pieces of shit. I don't think you won any belts in CFPW - as a matter of fact, I don't think you guys have ever wrestled a match in your lives. And you can do your little Pirates Of The Caribbean shtick all you like, at the end of the day you aren't gonna poke holes in us with your swords - we're gonna be the ones poking you-"

"Hey, now, hold on just a minute there! Big Boy, I think very little of what you've just said is true! Those guys are really good wrestlers!"

"Well, yeah, but, like... We're trying to throw them off their game, right? We've gotta get in their heads, psych 'em out, Estramir-style. Y'know, I'm basically Estramir-"

"No, I don't agree!" Deals Drugs frowns, and the conviction in his voice is enough to convince Big Boy to shut up for a second and hear out what he has to say.

"Big Boy Gladwin, you're one heck of a wrestler. I've seen the way you act, I know you like to fool around but if you wanna know what I think, I don't think you need to do any of that. You don't get peoples' attention by messin' around backstage or sittin' at home talking to your computer camera and callin' people mean names, you get their attention out there in the ring. That match you had against Mark Anderson on TANW 1? That match where you beat Shogo Mido for the Open Class Championship! Big Boy, this whole "promo" thing, this really ain't necessary. You're - excuse my language - a damn fine wrestler, and we aren't gonna tell people that, we're gonna show 'em that at Scene 7."

Inwardly, Big Boy wishes he could respond the way he wants to. He wishes he could tell Deals Drugs To Children that the confidence he shows in him on a constant basis - the confidence that no-one else in the world seems to share - means the world to him, and that without Deals Drugs' support he never would've done any of that. He never would've won his TANW Open Class Championship. He probably wouldn't ever have even put his name in for another shot at the belt. But ever since his arrival in TANW, every step of the way Deals Drugs has been there, letting him know that Big Boy Gladwin isn't a joke to him. That in the eyes of Deals Drugs To Children, Big Boy Gladwin is a professional fucking wrestler.

Big Boy's well aware that sincerity's for losers, though, so he instead just nods and smirks.

"Fuck yeah we are, dude."

Big Boy gets up to shut the webcam off. He wasn't going to waste any time in sending this to Dougal.

He couldn't have cut a better promo himself.

--------------------
You may also know me as:
A.K. Amaranth (UWOT) * Baby Wolf (RevX, TANW) * B.B. Beyond
Big Boy Gladwin (PW:AS, MallBrawl, UWOT, TANW, RevX, GOG)
Deals Drugs To Children (PW:AS, LOVE, TANW) * Derry Mask (GTLL) * Doctor Rocktopus (PrimeTime)
Dustin Delta * Elena B.C. (PrimeTime, TANW) * Ever Greatest (GTLL)
Helen Highwater (PW:AS, UWOT) * Jack Windsor (ScrapYard) * Lily Malone (GOG)
Nick Valencia (GTLL) * Kill Them (UWOT, GOG) * Snakeman (MallBrawl, UWOT, RevX)
Snakeman Jr. (PW:AS) * Son Of Harambe (MallBrawl) * The Ancient One Gladwin
The Snakeman Kids * Virginia Dire
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^
En Garde!
 Posted: Jul 15 2017, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 90

Donate
Member No.: 76

Rep: 1 pts

It was about to be the usual routine for the En Garde pre match promo. René d'Herblay was about to do his usual theatrics. It was strange, for as much as René had chosen wrestling to escape from the repetitive routine of scripted performances in France, it seemed to be a habit he could not shake.

Before all that, the usually dry and monotone Olivier de la Fère pulled René aside to have a few words.

"My brother, we must focus on the task at hand. Do you need think the showboating is a bit... much?"

"Paaah!" came the reply as René showed his bravado. "It is part of the show! Do we not come here to entertain? Make a memorable impression! Perhaps you should do an impression of someone having fun! Haaa!"

Olivier slowly placed a hand on René's shoulder, looking and talking to him like a young and naive student. He shook his head.

"Yes, but we are also here to win. Remember that."

"I do not see how my entertainment is an issue." replied René with a shrug, putting on his gloves.

"René" Olivier had to be as blunt as possible as he placed his other hand on René's other shoulder, staring at him dead in the eyes.

"In our last match, you did the splits"

René slowly looked around, anywhere except Olivier's eyes.

"Yes, well. I got a little bit into the moment. It had been an AGE since we last tasted the THRILL of competition. Ha-"

"René. Not once in the tales of Musketeers, the history of France has there been mention of a soldier or a Musketeer, who, in the face of war, adversity, conflict, protection of the crown, that chose to do... the splits"

There was no reply for a moment. Olivier had a point, it was rather uncharacteristic, but sometimes René's desires for entertainment were too great to compare.

"I think people like it! Call it a modern take!"

Olivier closed his eyes and they remained closed as he continue to talk to his utterly frustrating "brother"

"Let's just, make sure we're standing tall and get out of here."

René backed away, out of arm's reach.

"This again?"

"What?" Olivier shook his head, sounding rather passive aggressive.

"This behaviour is the type of unusual behaviour you displayed in Las Vegas, you know. I see your body language. I'm no therapist but I can see discomfort written all over you."

Olivier was the one to break eye contact this time. "I like wrestling." He felt the need to confirm that due to his constant lack of expressing enthusiasm.

"But perhaps Birmingham is similar to Las Vegas. I don't like the lifestyles around here..."

"What? Las Vegas and Birmingham? My friend, I see no comparison."

No response again.

"Don't think I've given up working on getting to the bottom of your odd behaviour."

"Do your theatrics. See you at the match." Olivier turned and walked away without another word or glance in René's direction. René had no response.

"Well, so be it."

So, René did just that, delivering his passionate speeches as he loved doing. It didn't feel the same without Olivier. Even though Olivier was usually a nuisance and uncooperative during their promos, there was a charm to his company. Hopefully, the spark would come back for the match itself.

PM
^
Kenny Rose
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Gold Armbars: 80

Donate
Member No.: 310

Loud music bumps in Kenny Rose's locker room as he prepares for a fight with Cieran Fawkes. Things had been rough, while he was nearing the peak of the ladder, he ultimately choked and was once again back where he started, if not lower than he came in. Those wins against Declan and Tyler Thomas have seemingly washed away thanks to losses to the likes of Lakeem and Mark Anderson. While anyone else would mope and quit, Kenny knew that he could bounce back.

He wouldn't have been in the same position of fighting for the Master Class title twice if he didn't have the chance to seemingly bounce back. His head sways and his body moves with it. Eyes shut as he applies the eye black onto his cheeks. The orchestra-step sending him into a sense of peace and tranquility, something he was going to need before entering the war zone against a worthy contender in Cieran Fawkes.

He performs a kata of sorts while the music guides each of his extremities. He wasn't an expert by any means, but he needed the flexibility that made him succeed and kept him in the game the past four encounters. He breathes in and out loudly as hands and feet whoosh by. This is followed by leg stretches and arm flexes, trying to keep himself limber. He stands straight up after the exercise, eyes shut still and no visibility. This was the time to ponder.

This CrossSuplex Tournament was another chance to prove the world that he wasn't a two-trick pony. He finally had what it took to hang with the best of TANW, as it showed in his previous two encounters, despite coming in with the lesser shares of the purse. He sends kicks flying in the open area, his feet would have to not fail him on the biggest match of his career so far. He goes back to a default base and opens his eyes. That aura he gave off after beating Tyler Thomas returns, despite the lack of crowd fueling him on. Tonight was his biggest concert yet, and he was going to leave the fans and Cieran banging.

"Let's paint this town blue and orange."

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

AES Main skin made by Ross Hitchman with additional help from Matt The Doctor, El Beardy and Teezy.